Morning Session 19 March, 2016
9:15am – 10:45am
· AOPD Chair, Dr. Nawaf Kabbara
· DPI Chair and Executive, Ms. Rachel Kachaje
- Chair of European Disability Forum(EDF), Mr.Yannis Vardakastanis
- Vice Chair of International Disability Alliance(IDA) Ms Ana Lucía Arellano
· Ministry of Social Solidarity in Egypt, Dr. Ghada Waly
· League of Arab States (LAS), Ambassador Badr Aldine Alali, Head of Social Affairs Sector
Video Messages by,
· UN Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Ms. Catalina Devandas
· Chair, CRPD Committee, Ms. Maria Soledad Cisternas Reyes
10:45am – 11:15 am Coffee break
11:15am – 11:30 am
Introduction to the conference objectives and Conference Declaration.
- Dr. Nawaf Kabbara (Chair of AOPD)
- Mrs. Nivine El Kabbag, Consultant Ministry of Social Solidarity in Egypt
11:30am – 1:00pm
From Needs to Rights: Implementing the UN CRPD at the international Level: The status of CRPD implementation in the world with regional perspectives.
- Mr. Amer Alhajri, General Director,Council of Ministries of Labour & Council of Ministries of Social Affairs in GCC states, Executive Bureau.
- Mr. Kalle Konkkola, Finland Ambassador for Disability affairs.
- European Perspective: Mr. Giampiero Griffo, DPI Europe
- African Perspective: Mr. Tambo Camara, DPI Africa
- Asia Pacific Perspective: DPI Korea
- Latin America Perspective: Mrs. Ana Lucía Arellano, RIADIS
- Arab Region Perspective: Mr. Ibrahim Abdallah, AOPD
1:00pm – 2:30 pm
Presentation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Rights of Persons with Disabilities: Review and analysis from organizations of persons with disabilities, disability and development organizations.
Mrs. Ghada Abdel Tawab, Program Officer –Social and Economic Rights, Ford Foundation.
Mr. Abdus Sattar Dulal, UNESCAP Disability Rights Champion( Bangladesh)
- Vladimir Cuk, Executive Director, International Disability Alliance
- Mr. Stefan Tromel, Senior Disability Specialist at ILO, Geneva
- Mr. Mukhtar AlShibani, President of the Global Alliance on Accessibility Technologies and Environments(GAATES)
- Mr. Tarek El Nabulsi, Director of the Department of Social Development and policies, Cabinet of Assistant Secretary General of Social Affairs (LAS).
2:30pm – 3:30pm
3:30pm – 4:00
The decisions of UN expert committee on the disability indicators in the SDG 2030.
Speaker: Mrs. Orsolya Bartha, International Disability Alliance
3:30pm – 4:00 pm
Workshop 1: Women and Girls with Disabilities
A discussion on advocacy in support of the rights of women and girls with disabilities; presenting advocacy challenges and opportunities at the national, regional and global levels, as well as the experiences of most-marginalized constituencies.
- Ms. Wiebke Schar, Germany
- Ms. Hend Alshowaier, Saudi Arabia
Workshop 2: Children and Youth with Disabilities
Exploring the experiences of children and youth with disabilities, and the achievement in the inclusion of children and youth with disabilities in society.
- Mr. Robert Grund, Germany
- Mr. Abdallah Bunian, Yemen
Workshop 3: Poverty and persons with disabilities
Review and analysis of the intersection between disabilities and poverty.
- Mr. Abdus Sattar Dulal, UNESCAP Disability Rights Champion( Bangladesh)
- Mr. Michele Falavigna, AIFO /RIDS
5:00pm – 6:00 pm
Feedback from afternoon workshops, including questions from the floor
Chaired by: Mrs. Maha Helali, Chair of Inclusion International MENA region